Monday, February 2, 2009

Proposal pt. 2

In my animation, I would like to tell the story of a Barghest who is stalking a little Old Woman. The Barghest is the size of a calf, and she has the face of a young woman. However, she can contort her face into hideous expressions. The Barghest attempts to terrify the Old Woman with this ability, however, the Old Woman turns out to be another frightening being - a Banshee. With a single ear-shattering screech, the Banshee knocks the Barghest away, leaving the latter dazed. The Old Banshee hobbles off as the Barghest tries to regain her bearings.
For the backgrounds of my animation, I would like to create a surreal interpretation of the storybook British countryside. I am looking at the works of artists such as Max Ernst and Salvador Dali for inspiration, as well as the contents of my own strange dreams. I feel that an overall surreal air will suit my little faerie tale well.

No comments:

Post a Comment